Monday, August 9, 2010

In trouble at the New York Public Library

Today, I decided to start the week off differently. I woke up at 8, as I usually do, but instead of sitting at my computer in my little apartment and looking at job posts -  I had an epiphany to head out to Bryant Park and check out the NYPL where wi-fi is accessible in certain areas. I felt amazing and re-energized as I walked towards Lexington Ave. to catch the subway and grab an iced coffee (a summer morning tradition). As I neared the library - I started feeling smarter. Is there something in the air or perhaps just a mental trick that all those books play on you? hmm... Once inside, I took out my computer and headphones and did my work for hours....when suddenly I was tapped by the male librarian and given the following note...

I didn't realize I was in the North Hall...I guess this is when my lack of navigation/direction can really hurt ;)

4 comments:

  1. awww.. Sami, you are too funny! I really like the set-up of your blog. Nice job hun! And best of luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, this is why you wanted me to read this. I'm always available for a crash course in navigation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha- that would totally happen to me. I love that they have pre=printed notes for those types of violations! Let's hope we don't get any today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. no violations today b/c we're rolling on the south side

    ReplyDelete