Monday, August 9, 2010

Two Roads...

graduated  & happy ;)
It started after endless days and nights in February '09- while I was counting down the hours, minutes and seconds till I left my then job, as an associate at a boutique investment bank in the heart of grand central terminal. The only thing that kept me there (beside the paycheck) were the wonderful co-workers and supervisor. One day - out of no where, I don't usually take such risks, I took the biggest risk to date. I recall, the first lesson I learned as an undergrad in Boston University School of Management - was risk and reward go hand in hand. I could have taken another path pursued another job at a different finance firm but I just never felt right, complete, and it reflected on all facets of my personal life. I have always loved fashion and how it can change how you walk, feel, and even transform an entire room. That's when I left and decided to head back to school to really understand the business side of this amazing feeling and see what the billion dollar business was all about. I loved it, I was a new and happier person being surrounded by creative types that were also in the same place - wanting to pursue their dream. It was the right path - I knew it, I felt it.

3 comments: